Warning!

Lifted from pooled email addresses, the content of this blog shows actual scam emails received and found its way in the inbox folder- not in the junk/spam folder. Please do not contact any of the names listed below. These emails are known scams proliferating on the internet and this blog exposes such kind. We are not responsible nor liable for untoward misfortunes, eg. theft of identity happening as a result of contacting these people.

We would also be featuring valuable news or updates related to scams and from time to time share tips on safeguarding your identity online. This blog is for everyone's awareness and information only.

Karen Shaw: "I Will Help" (Except that this is a Fraud Email

This is an amusing email if not a pathetic one. It is so badly written that you wouldn't believe it for a second! (We did not change a thing in the letter.) Then again some desperate people probably would.

Would you reply to an old woman who claims to have been in investments and "co-oporate" (corporate?) business and not know how to spell or create grammatically correct sentences? Perhaps English is not her first language. But if she has so much money to give, couldn't she afford a personal secretary to write for her?

Seriously if you have so much money to give wouldn't you just arrange for your lawyer to present you with charitable institutions where you could donate your money? Why go through all the trouble of spamming random people you do not know via email to give away your money? It doesn't make sense. Not logical at all... Spare us the drama!


-0-

Hello

My name is Karen Shaw am 75yrs old of age, i Live in new
york city] usa.

My Husband is a good merchant, He have several industrial
companys and good share in various banks in the world.
I spend all my life on investment and co-oporate business.
all the way i lost my husband and two beautiful kids in fatal
accident
that occur in november 5th 2003.

i am a very greedy woman with all cost i dont know much and
care about people, since when i have an experience of my lovley ones i
felt weak.

i found it difficult to sleep and give rest. later in the year 2004
february i was sent a letter of medical check up, as my
personal doctor testify that i have a lung cancer, which can easily
take off my life soon.

i found it uneasy to survive myself, beacuse a lot of
investment cannot be run and manage by me again.
i quickly call up a pastor/prophet to give me positive
thinking on this solution, as my adviser.

He minister to me to share my property ,wealth, to motherless baby/orphanage homes/people that need money for survivor both student that need money/ business woman and man for their investment for future rising. So therfore i am writing this letter to people who are
really need help from me both student in college, to contact me
urgently. so that i can make available preparation on that.
especially women of the day, who are divorced by their husband, why they cannot survive the mist of feeding their self.

please contact me to stop weeping. probably let me know what you really need the money for, and if you can still help me to distribute money to nearest orphanages
homes near your town. now am so much with GOD, am now born again.
may the lord bless you, as you reach me,please to remind you, dont belongs to scammers or any act of fraudulent on internet. thanks.
I AM A DEAF

________________
Full Header
From Karen Shaw Fri Apr 3 01:58:13 2009
Return-Path:
Authentication-Results: mta233.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=msn.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=msn.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 65.55.111.79 (EHLO blu0-omc2-s4.blu0.hotmail.com) (65.55.111.79)
by mta233.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:59:18 -0700
Received: from BLU133-W15 ([65.55.111.73]) by blu0-omc2-s4.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 01:58:13 -0700
Message-ID:
Return-Path: shaw200@msn.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_f5b92684-7a75-4b02-b856-4ccc01e17a48_"
Reply-To:
From: Karen Shaw
Subject: i will help!!!!!!!
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:58:13 +0000
Importance: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
Bcc:
Content-Length: 4572
______________________________

 

5 comments:

  1. Kate Burton said,

    With all the scams that are out there I don't know how you decide which ones to write about.

    on May 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM  


  2. Rizzo said,

    Do you guys have the David Thibos scam up yet?

    http://rizzotees.posterous.com/david-thibos-tried-to-scam-me

    on May 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM  


  3. Ladi said,

    I get about 10 similar scams a day

    on June 26, 2009 at 8:20 AM  


  4. Lars said,

    man i couldn't even bring myself to finish half of that email.. at the beginning it might have forced a smile on my face.. about a few nano seconds more, it becomes very hard to understand what the letter is trying to say and then finally, i found myself amidst a crazy storm of mumbo jumbo, i had to give up... quite a pathetic attempt to scam people really.. i'd bet my last penny 'she' had 'zero success' with it..

    on June 26, 2009 at 3:31 PM  


  5. Anonymous said,

    i live in NY and i responded out of curiosity. as she said she also lives in NY... well i was not surprised when i got an email back saying that she was going for surgery tomorrow and instructed her financial advisor to send me ... get this... 500,000 yes you read that right five hundred thousand. i have not asked how she plans to get that to me lol. cause im sure they are tryin to get an account number from me. hahahahaha well what tipped me off that she is a scam is the fact taht she says she is in NY (so am i lol) and her financial advisor is in... MICHIGAN... SCAMMIN HO!!!! we not THAT dumb. i have had stranger who helped me for real by email but i know what to look for. and they are not gonna give you such a HUGE amount. i had a person who i met in yahoo chat and i was in financial straits and they out of the kindness of their heart western unioned me three hundred once. ( i tried to pay it back but they refused. idky) but be careful people who you sen dmoney to to get money. im so glad that i already know how to spot a scam. just sharing my story. have good days everyone.

    on April 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM